A Day at Philips Island

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Talk to Me!

27th Oct 2009 Tuesday

Today, we attended a music trial lesson at the newly open Staccato together with Trudy and Victoria. The lesson was alright, pretty similar to what we are doing at kindermusik but using classical music instead. Oh yes, they have the flashcards too. I guess it is the 'IN' thing to do with kids now. Anyway, it is just another music lesson and as usual you girls enjoyed yourselves

Recently, i observed that you have move on from parallel play to wanting to true playing with your friends. Caught you trying to 'talk' to your friends on many occasions and wanting to have more interactions. But at this stage, you are a rotten sharer and scream at the drop of a hat. But you tried to 'exchange' toys with your friends many times.( I shall blog about you and your tantrum in another entry). I am rather surprised on your social development because I read that children between 1 and 2 years will engage in something known as "parallel play," which means they'll play side by side with another child but not really interact (other than to grab a toy). True playing, where kids will engage in an activity with another child (like playing house or a game of chase) doesn't start until around 2 years. And until about 3 years, don't expect your child to have a deep understanding of sharing.


In another words, you are moving forward in your emotional and social development slightly faster. But at the same time, I was wondering is this the consequence of being too bored and lonely at home and having no one except me and only me to talk to all the time. You have always been a sociable baby. Maybe you are desperate to interact with the rest of the world. That is why you are initiating the conversations in your baby language with your friends. You are also holding conversations with me now. You would come and stand infront of me and blabber (as if you are asking a question) and I would answer and you would reply. We can go on and 'talk' for some time before you walk away happily. Oh yes, the time you 'talk' on the phone is also longer now.


My marshmellow practising her notes- Do-do-do-do, Re-re-re-re, Mi-mi-mi-miiiiiiii

HaHa... I can sing!

Trudy and Marsh sharing a toy!

Playing happily together (for a while)

What? Time to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment