A Day at Philips Island

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Have Fun, Marsh!

29th Oct 2009 Thursday

We had a packed schedule today. In fact we are having a really busy week fill with trials, classes and playdates.I cannot believe I actually went ahead and schedule you for two classes in a day. I had always resisted the temptation and the peer pressure to overschedule you. But on second thoughts, time is running out and once I start work next week, I wont have that much time to do this during week days. So we went for the JG's chinese trial today at 11am before going for your kindermusik's class in the afternoon.

In fact I had already enrolled you for JG's playclub some time back. But you cant start till you are 18 months old. I cannot believe this. You are going to be 18 months old in 3 months time! 18 months is a huge milestone because it is like a ticket for you to access a whole new world out there! Suddenly you are able to attend so many more kinds of classes and activities. That sets me thinking of replanning your time when you earn your ticket to the big world out there.

I am still standing firm on my belief that you are going to play through your childhood. Academic studies can wait. I am an advocate in learning through play. So if you can learn while having fun, it will be a bonus to me. Having said that, I am not against hot housing babies. I am just not convinced that helping you to develop a photographic memory will allow you a headstart in your life? How is that so? I dont understand.

However, I am all for progammes that can teach babies to read earlier. For example-Babies Can Read or the Zoo-phonics methodology. I will be more than happy if they can teach you to read earlier in life through some playful and unique approach.

I also believe that all babies are different. At this moment, I am choosing classes that allows you to play, sing and dance not only to awaken your musical and linguistic intelligence. But I have noticed you have shown a lot of interests in singing and dancing. Maybe your preferences will change in the near future, but meanwhile, just have fun!


First time at JG.
Having fun with the puzzles.



We went to have lunch with Auntie Gladys at Piccotin before your kindermusik class.

Still my happy and bouncy baby even after a very short nap in between the classes.

Balls away! You love helping Teacher Angel to put the balls away every lesson.

4 comments:

  1. you're starting work next week? full time ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! I have started work last week! But my work schedule is pretty flexible! In fact when we met at Polliwogs, I am already working!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh .. wow.. thats good to have such flexi hours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah...I am blessed! So let me know if you are looking for kakis to go Polliwogs! Haha....

    ReplyDelete