A Day at Philips Island

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Graduation Day Again

8th Oct 2009 Thursday

Time really flies. It is Graduation Day again. It has been a long 8 months with Kindermusik. And both of us had really enjoyed our time there. I was still contemplating to stop this Thursday's class for a few reasons. Of course one of them being me going back to work soon. Nevertheless, due to the nature of my work schedule, I do have the flexibility to continue to bring you for the thursday class. But on the other hand, I am thinking of finding you another enrichment class other than Kindermusik. We are going to start JG in a few months' time so I was hoping to try something else in the mean time.

I have been thinking about this for some time but I am hesitant to stop this thursday class because I am going to miss the friends I made over these months. I don't have too many mummies friends whom I can relate to. And none of my own friends wanted to gab about baby's diet, babyproofing and so on. You get what I mean?

However, I brought you for a makeup class on Saturday and I observed that you were really reserved and not your usual self. You don't seem to enjoy the class the way you always did in your thursday class. You just kept looking at Ms Angel whom was`the only familiar person around the classroom. You must be wondering where are all your friends?

You know what, Marsh? I was feeling the same way too. I felt like an alien who has just landed from another planet. I am not trying to be judgemental and it is probably me but the class besides being chilly (from the aircon) was COLD. Initially I thought everybody was ignoring me. But No! Nobody was talking to each other and all the parents were acting as if they were from different planets and do not speak each other's language. They just came and left in silence.

I then realised that both of us were so lucky to be in a class surrounded with all the nice and friendly mummies. The atmosphere was definitely different and I would definitely want you to be having fun in a loving and cosy environment. So now I am having second thoughts about stopping your class.


Here is our beautiful Trudy- receiving her certificate from teacher Angel

Hmmmm.... where is mine?

Finally it is my turn! My Fourth certificate from Kindermusik!


Mum, I am going to miss the balls too if you stop my class....

Heard they say you are leaving our class?

Can you not leave? Please?

Mum, I can't get Tory to stay! We are going to miss her.

2 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean! The mothers from the other classes are like from another planet! They don't even SING! Sigh... I'm going to miss all of you! Luckily we're still meeting outside of Kinder! hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! You feel the same way too? I thought it was me. You are right, they dont even sing and they appeared not to know each other! We were the ones chatting away happily in class! haha. We are going to miss you and Tory too!

    ReplyDelete