A Day at Philips Island

Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Date with Barney

It's time to come out of my own denial. I have to admit that you do love Barney. You have always love your cuddlies. Your mouth gapes wide open like a capital O when you come near to the shelves of colorful cuddlies. But you have something special for Barney. And his friends- Baby Bop, BJ and cousin Ritz. They deserved a post in your blog.

I never used to like Barney. Nope. No chance. And I was secretly hoping you wouldnt too. I am sorry I even gave away the Barney bag you received as a birthday gift. But there's family story behind.
My mum, your popo is pathologically scared of LIZARDS. Inevitably, that fear transmitted itself to auntie Carol and me. Our whole family ran squealing and repleted in fear at the sight of one passing arachnid. It was as if we had a crippling domestic emergency. So you guessed it. Although Barney is a dinosaur but looks like a err... errr lizard. And a purple one!!

But you seem to have shown special fondness for Barney. You sing the Barney songs, mimic the Barney dance and hop like a Baby Bop Hop. Your repertoire of tricks extend to holding hands with us and sway and sing the Barney's theme song. Then you would tug on my sleeve and lean in close to me, give me a hug and touch my chest to gesture I love you.

My heart scrunch up and I get teary eyed every single time. I choose to believe that you are showing me that you love me. Right, baby? I know I am a cry mummy but please dont laugh at me. You'll know when you are a mummy.

Because of you, I am starting to look at barney in a different light.

No comments:

Post a Comment