A Day at Philips Island

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Our Time has come

Too many scattered thoughts and too little time. But I am sneaking some time here for the below post. I want to remember this.

I have been intending to blog about the spendid times we had at "Our Time". And yes! We had started another term with Kindermusik's "Our Time" program some weeks back. And you are really enjoying yourself silly there. You love the songs and kept asking for the songs to be played over and over again in my car. And most amazingly, you are engaging in pretend play at home. You'd pretend to be the teacher and I am the baby in the class. This is what you 'd do many times a day:

You grabbed a ball and my hand and said to me: Mama, sit! Roll ball to you!

I would catch the ball and rolled it back to you . And you catch it and said : 'Thank you' while signing it as well!

After some ball rolling, you picked up the ball and say: 'Bye bye, ball! and put the ball away.

Next, you sit with your legs folded and started to sing the Hello song in"Our Time"! Haha! You rocked, you clapped and you sang-OUR TIME...OUR TIME..... Loud and clear, squeling in delight.


Then you took out your musical instruments - drums and bells and flutes and passed me one. And you started saying: "Tap, tap and tap and STOP!!!! Ssshhhhhhhh!" while putting a finger to your lips. Then you turned to me with a cheeky grin and shouted: " CHANGE!" and exchange the instruments with me! Then we had a round of exchanges of instruments before you put them away again.


Then at times, you would hop on to my laps for a donkey ride once you hear the Donkey Song. And to everybody's amusement, you can sing the song really well.

" Sweetly sings the donkey at the break of day"
If you do not feed him, this is what he'll say"
"Hee-haw Hee-haw hee-haw hee-haw"

I watched you grin and sing it over and over again with pleasure- you made the song sound like the greatest hit of all times.

I couldn't stop smiling and couldn't be more happy seeing you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment