A Day at Philips Island

Monday, March 1, 2010

Nineteen months of Deep Deep Love

My big big girl whom I so so love!


Grooving away!


See how you grabbed and hugged the cuddlies at the toy store.

Our first Float Ride!


Can we have another round, mama?

Happy Nineteen months old, Marshy!

You turn nineteen months old today. We met up with Auntie Jocelyn and Julius for a playdate. After that, to do something special today, I brought you for your first float ride. You were extremely excited sitting and steering the Giraffe float ride. We had a great grand day together.

I want to tell you so many things. And before you are able to read mommy's scribbled notes, I'll write in this space so they'll never turn yellow.

At 19 months,

- You have become very sticky to me. "Mama.. Mama..." can be heard at all times whenever I walk out of eyeshot. Correspondingly, you get upset when I carry another child (even your cousins) and will burst into tears and try to shove your way back into my arms.

-You have blossomed into a very affectionate toddler. You are very generous with your kisses and hugs. You come up to us every time when you are asked to and bestow us with kisses and hugs. But I am the only one you would come and kiss on the lips voluntary. Most nights when I tuck you in. That makes me a very proud mummy. You even give flying kisses to neighbours, shop assistants, the ladies at the foodstall, old uncles and aunties chatting at the void deck and even the driver in the car next to us.

-You cant get enough of dancing and grooving. And you are singing! You know your Do Re Mi Fa So.........You dance to all kinds of music. You practise what you learn in your kindermusik class at home. Drumming, tapping, grooving... An you would pull my hand and say: Mama, Dance!

-You are in love with all your cuddlies. Mama is helping you to grow your collection. To a certain extent, I am trying to give you what I lacked in my childhood. Loads and loads of cuddlies! I love them all! You are seldom seen without a cuddly You would run and grab at least two when you hear we are going " kaikai".
-You love to play ball ball. Kitty ball, barney ball, soccer ball. You hold my hand and say: Mama, sit. Mama, roll. Mama, bounce. Mama, kick. Mama, throw. And we spend many hours rolling, bouncing, kicking and throwing.
-You are definitely a chatterbox. You have a vocabulary of about 250 words You can generally pronounce any word after us accurately. ANd you have progress into stringing 2, 3, 4 single words into sentences. For example, Mama, see dogdog. Mama, watch Baby Bright. Mama, sleep. Baby, sleep. Mama, sit, read books. And you can express yourself loud and clear: Don't want. Don't Like.

And when I refused you any adult food, you are a great sport and walk away mumbling to yourself: Hot, Hot. Spicy, Spicy.


One day, we were all sitting in Auntie G's car waiting for her to pay for the carpark from her purse.
Marshy: Auntie, more money.
Auntie G: Yes? Baby? You want money?
Marshy: Yes.
Auntie G: Why do you need money, baby?
Marshy: Buy toys.
Auntie G: Huh? What toys?
Marshy: Buy Ball ball.
The pure joy that comes with these milestones is undeniable, unthinkable even. Happy Nineteen, my dear. If there's a divine one somewhere up there, thank you . Thank you for blessing me with this perfect little marshy.

Nineteen months of deep, deep Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment