A Day at Philips Island

Sunday, July 19, 2009

What is truly important in life?

Life is full of decisions. Especially life with a baby. Breast or bottle? work or SAHM? use the paci or ditch it? playgroup or cc? which kindy? which PD?

Maybe you'll grow up and question me of the decisions that I made now. Honestly, I am also unsure of the decisions I made but I am listening to my heart and following the instinct of a new mum.

I just want you to be a happy baby-play and have a happy childhood. I remind myself repeatedly not to fall into the paranoia. The last thing I want for you is to be a kiasu mummy. I can understand that all the kiasu parents are borne out of worry that their kids cannot survive the local system. But is the fear hitting me now? I hope it never does.

All the recent faze about schools/kindy registration is puzzling me. Finding a right nursery or kindergarden is challenging but I REFUSED to have the mentality that exclusivity and a long wait list are a mask of quality.

I want to go with my instincts and personal research. I want more than nurturing you but instead to impact your life in more ways than one. I hope I can inspire you to be kind and make happiness a priority.

My wish for you is to be able to live on your own terms and at the same time being loved.

In a nutshell, I just want you to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment