A Day at Philips Island

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Kaleidoscope of Dreams

I was looking at you at play that day and suddenly realised that you have grown so much and you are now capable of throwing tantrums! It hits me then that your personality and character is shaping up as day passes. It makes me wonder what kind of person do i want you to grow up to be and what positive values do i want you to inherit and negative features to be left behind?

What will my legacy to my little girl be? I have been mulling over this question since then.

Where material things are concerned, I love the idea of passing down my treasured possessions to you. The notion that you will be one day wearing my favourite ring touches me to the core. That is why I am cracking my head to give you a significant gift that would appreciate over time. I dont mean monetary value but the true value that lies in the memories these gifts hold.

Heirlooms aside, I would also like you to inherit my appreciation of reading, travelling and music. My love of books and stories and of course values like kindness and consideration.

I hope you will grow up to be aware of your roots and be in touch with your instinct. Most importantly, live life abundantly and have a kaleidoscope of dreams!

The world is your oyster, my dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment