A Day at Philips Island

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wish upon a star

I remember how much I loved Christmas as a child. Love the festive spirit along with the Jingle Bells everywhere I go. There's mayhem in the shops. My favourite song is I am wishing for a white Christmas.

However, being a non christian growing up in a chinese family, it is not a tradition for us to celebrate Christmas. So christmas as a kid was normally spent infront of the telly watching how Mickey and Minnie celebrate christmas with their friends. And then the last 7 christmas were spent celebrating your cousin Val's birthday because she was born on Boxing Day.

But since your arrival, I have started a christmas tradition so that we can both enjoy this magical time that I was deprived of.

I have made a wish secretly last christmas. I want to bring you to meet the real santa claus at santa claus Village when you turn six. I believe at that age you would be able to understand and appreciate the meaning of christmas.

Done all the research. We have to fly to Rovaniemi in North Finland to visit Father Christmas. It is going to be a long journey but I am sure you will love it.

I want you to learn all all about christmas traditions and history there where everything is happening before your eyes. You can peek into Santa's secret workshop, and see where all the magic happens. Saws a-swishing, hammers a clattering and christmas music playing....

Wow. I am so excited at the thought and cant wait to savour this magical moment with you!

Crossing my finger and hope my wish can come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment