A Day at Philips Island

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mosquitoe Bites

Last Sunday you were bitten by mosquitoes on your face. Not on your legs, not on your hands but your FACE!! I freaked out and started feeling so guilty about it. Everyday before I leave you in your exersauer as I prepare your lunch, I would make sure that your arms and legs are sprayed with California Baby's Bug repellant. But the damn mosquitoes actually attacked your face instead.

Despite the baby oilment I put for you, the spots were red and angry. I was really full of guilt and blamed myself for letting this happened. Your daddy and aunt Carol consoled me by saying that these are just mosquitoes bites and they heal in no time. But I was really paranoid about it and kept cleaning and putting oilment and calendula cream for you. Aunt Carol said I am mad. I think I am. Because I just ordered 2 bottles of California Baby's bug repellant spray and lotion and bought some mosquitoes patches for you.

Then that day I was blog hopping and came to read about this little girl call Vera and her life journey living with Trisomy 18. Tears starting streaming down my face as I read about her life and her wonderful parents. Their dept of love and comittment to little Vera is so unconditional.
I try to put myself in their shoes but I cant. They are really really great parents.

I feel so small as compared to them and what they are doing for their little girl. They love her with all their hearts irregardless of anything and everything. Just because she is their little girl.

You can read about her story at http://mylittlevera.blogspot.com/

To think that I am worrying about the mosquitoe bites on your face. How shallow can I be?

No comments:

Post a Comment