A Day at Philips Island

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Letting go

She would have been 91 today if she is still around. I still remembered the very cosy last birthday celebration we had for her last year. And I still remembered how it felt to hold her bony hands.

We visited her yesterday. To tell her we remembered her birthday. Tonight I let the tears flow and the memories spill. How else do you remember? I don't know.

I ask if she can hear me? If there is a heaven, will she be happy?

They say she will. It's the best for her. It's just time to let go. And I know it's true.

She 's gone now. She has become a piece of the blue sky. And I have to move on.

It helps to know she is no longer in pain.

But the point is- I had a grandma. I am sure I am going to see her again. But until then, our relationship continues

So goodbye, granny. You'll be happy up there. Won't you?


Farewell for now. I miss you lots. Oh yes, Happy Birthday........

No comments:

Post a Comment