A Day at Philips Island

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Burn on, Not burn Out!


A Toddler and a Day Job

Job description

Hours- Constant
Time Off-zilch
All food and entertainment provided by you
Must be good at athletes and home repairs and making mince interesting
Strictly no sick pay, No holiday pay, hell NO PAY!
Would you take the job?


My days are getting challenging as work picks up its tempo. By 9pm, I am either dead or more dead. Unfortunately, I'm not blogging as often as I'd like now because I am working full time and chasing after a 17 month old toddler who only functions on RUN.


I guess today is one of the days when I feel a grey as saturated as the sky outside. Maybe I need to just lie down.


I have no more strength. I am dizzy with contentedness.








But like all mums, I love my progeny with a primal passion. For every bad afternoon, there are ten superb afternoons. For every tantrum there is a cuddle. for every broken sleepless night, there is a walk in through the park on a wonderful day. For every crankiness, there is a stranger smile on the street.

I am happily busy and busy being happy.

But I need a rest. Even though I don't need to rest constantly. I need to break away from the routine so that my mind can rest.

It's break from all of this, to find my soul once again and get back in touch with what's important and meaningful.

I 'm supposed to be working. But I can't seem to do anything but scroll through your pictures. And you make everything better. My little cheer upper.

The perfect remedy for a work battered soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment