A Day at Philips Island

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Daily Dish







































It's been awhile since I last updated on your daily diet. Great changes. Now that you are a growing toddler and I am not around for most of your mealtimes. Extra efforts to ensure you are still following my choice of diet for you. I still do the marketing and planning of menus and popo will do the execution.
I realise your palate change as your taste buds develop. you used to turn your nose up at my cheese sauce but lately you chomp down 3 cubes of cheese at julia gabriel. Recently I had unwillingly noticed some signs of you becoming a picky eater. You have great potential of being one. For your record, both Dad and myself are really fussy eaters ourselves.

Therefore, healthy eating is the single most important gift that I can give you. And I have to start early. it is much easier to prevent a poor diet than to remedy one.

Food, I think is vital to the mother-child relationship. A new born baby's first feed is an iconic bonding moment. That nurturing tie lasts all our lives (at least for the mums!)Every daily meal is an expression of love. Even now, my mum is driven by that compulsion, the absolute need to keep me alive and well through food.

For the record, your meals schedule:

8am- 240ml of Enfagrow milk

10am- breakfast (wholemeal bread or cookies)

1230pm- Lunch (Porridge/macaroni/pasta stars/ noodles cook with vegetable/meat stock with fish and 2 types of vegetables)

3pm- 240ml of Enfagrow milk

430pm- Teatime (Bread/Yogurt/ Biscuits/cheese)

630pm - Dinner (Rice with double boil soup/Chicken or Beef or Pork + steam Egg + 2 types vegetables)

730pm- Fruits (Banana or Kiwi or Oranges or Grapes or Apples..... whatever in season)

0930-1 piece of wholemeal bread with cheese or vegemite or peanut butter. Or pigeon cookies

1130pm- 240 ml of Enfagrow milk

You are starting to get sick of your usual diet. I see signs of you being suspicious about your foods at mealtimes. I am scratching my head and researching on cooking recipes now. Anybody out there can help? I need recipes that are fun as well as healthy.

I have been restricting you on any other kind of drinks other than water. Yes, plain old water. That is good for you. Your only beverage for the last 17 months. (besides milk, of course) Don't feel deprived, my dear. Believe in your mama! But all these are going to change now that you are approaching toddler hood.

I have got your drinks menu ready. Now, if we can just complete your food menu before next month.....
Stay happy and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment