A Day at Philips Island

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Marshmellow is ONE!!!

1st August 2009

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY, Marsh!



Today marked the moment you have been traipsing on this earth for a good 12 months. I have been trying to deal with the mixed emotions with you turning one for the last few days. I was looking forward to this day but at the same time trying to hold on to the last few moments while you are still my little baby.

I had organized a small cozy party for you. I used to wonder what is the big fuss over birthdays and snorted at the idea of big celebrations for kids. But now as time passes, being with you for the last 12 months open me to the beauty of life and the promise of the future in a way i never imagined. I start to celebrate the seasons and the cycles of nature. Most importantly, the desire to celebrate you is so strong. To celebrate this year of journey we shared. and the bond we have built. And i look forward to sharing this happiness with the people who cares for you.

As the day come to an end, I had a pang of sadness. It is over already? I have really enjoy this baby phase. I get abit weepy and precious whenever I think that this will be the last time I get to cuddle a baby because you are going to be the only baby in my life. How on earth am I going to find something to top that? It hasnt been easy but we have come a long way. And I would choose to do it all over again.

But in the same second, I’m looking forward to the beach and star gazing trips with you in the future. Ah, such bittersweet moments.

Happy Birthday again, my precious!



No comments:

Post a Comment