A Day at Philips Island

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Marsh!

20August Thursday / First of Seventh Month (Lunar Calendar)


Happy Lunar Birthday, Marsh! Today you turned ONE under the Chinese calender. Yeah, your lunar birthday falls on the first of the seventh month.
No big celebrations today. We went for your kindermusik class and then rushed home to prepare dinner. Uncle Fong came and joined us for mee sua dinner. I made you your very first bowl of mee sua and red eggs! Have been wanting to make you mee sua for the longest time but decided to wait till this special day. I am so happy that you love it and finished up one big bowl.
Ingredients for your mee sua-
Meat bone/Leek stock
Meesua
Egg Yolk
KaiLan leaves
Thread fin Fish
There are some meanings to having noodles on your birthday, Marsh. I think the long mee sua symbolises longevity and eggs mean ehhh? (will check it out).
As I watched you finishing up the noodles, I made a silent promise that I shall make you your meesua soup on your every lunar birthday till the day you dont want to eat it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment