A Day at Philips Island

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Toddler Hood




Ta! Da! Welcome to toddler hood, darling! I woke up and turned to look at you. Besides the fact that I am now officially the mother of a toddler, life still goes on as usual.

But you are slowly proving me wrong. You are living the fact that you had bloomed from babyhood into a toddler by becoming more independent.

I don't know if it is coincidental or what. But you refused to let me hold your bottle since you turned one. I mean, you already know how to hold your milk bottle since you were like 6 or 7 months old but you were not consistent and always let go when I want to take over. But since you tuned one, you hold on to your bottle fiercely till you are done and refused to let anybody hold for you.

And I have to mention that you are one smart baby. Whenever I pass you your milk bottle, you will try to touch the bottle and ensure it is not too hot before you take over. When you were younger, I always urge you to move on to the next step: flipping, crawling, clapping, waving. Now that you are becoming more independent, I'd give anything to roll them back a bit and constantly wonder where the past year went. Anyway, I am just glad I am here to witness your developments and I am going to ensure that I shall savour every future little step you take. They will be gone too soon. Too too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment