A Day at Philips Island

Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Green Sheep

As you can see, I am not writing and posting as quickly as I want to. Some notes are over 3 weeks old! I just write and save, edit, then write some more, save some more, and edit some more.Now I can only jot down snippets of events and happenings that I can remember as my fingers type away.

I had long known about the popular Green Sheep Play when I was in Melbourne years ago but I would never imagine myself going to one. But when Auntie Steph invited us to join her and Tory for the performance, I was excited. I have always wanted to bring you for plays but didnt manage to. The Green Sheep is an Australian classic by Mem Fox and Judy Horacek, directed by Cate Fowler. Co-Presenter Julia Gabriel. Sing and dance in a world of puppets, musicians and actors in a "sheep pen".

So I took the afternoon off from work and brought you there to join Auntie Lina and Trudy for the 5pm show. We reached Forum at 4pm and there were already a long, and I mean long long queue. We managed to get the tickets and waited for the show to start. The show was wonderful and the crew were really animated and professional and the pace was to my liking. But I think the sets did not do justise to the stories because the place was just too cramp. Anyway, I think most of the kids enjoyed the show and I felt it was a good exposure for you.







Trudy was really enjoying herself too.

No comments:

Post a Comment