A Day at Philips Island

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A day in the Life of Keri- before Mummy goes to Work.

Today is another one of those busy days for me as a FULL TIME WORKING MUM now. Getting up early and rushing to drop you off at Popo's before I head off to work. I have a busy day ahead of me fill with never ending meetings. All these madness make me miss my life as a Stay AT HOME MOM with you. It made me see the little wonders in our daily routine, simple and quiet as it may be. So I thought I 'd just pen down a little something about how our day used to be. Just for posterity's sake.

A Day in the Life of Keri- the Baby. (Before Mummy went back to work)

You are not a morning baby just like I am not a morning mummy. We both love to sleep in late and only wake up around 11am. But I always give you your morning milk at around 8.30-9am. You would finish your 240ml of milk in your sleeping mode within 4 minutes and flipped over and fell asleep with me again.

Then I would wake you up at 11ish if you are still not up by then. But you love to spend the next 10 mins tossing and turning about on the bed before you get up willingly. Thereafter, you 'd putter about while I fix your lunch in the kitchen. Then I put you in the highchair and on the TV for your favourite Hi 5! and feed you your lunch. After lunch, you like to zoom around with your toys while I wash up and prepare your bath. YOu love bathtimes and brushing your teeth.

And everyday, I'd play all your kindermusik CDs which you enjoyed and dance to the tunes. Oh yes, you danced alot everyday.

After bath, either we get ready to go for your classes or afternoon outings. And on those rare lazy days, we just stay at home and laze around and do what we do best- Nothing.I usually give you your milk about 3pm. On more exciting days, we hang out at the Airport, Polliwogs, East Coast or Changi Beach, Book stores, grocery shopping..... Some days it's just us, other days, we hang out with friends.

Then by the time we reach home, it's usually 5- 6ish. You 'd take a short nap on our way back. And while I make your dinner, you would just hang around in the kitchen just to be near me or you'd be reading your books by yourself.. And then I feed you your dinner around 7-7.30pm with Baby Estein playing on the google box. And then you are off playing again while I wash up. Mostly at this time, you'd hear the keys to the the door and your face light up and you 'd rush to meet Daddy at the door. Daddy and you would hug and kiss for the next 5 minutes.

Then Daddy and I would have our dinner while you play near us. afterwhich, I bath you and change you into your pyjamas and give you your bottle of milk. Most of the time, you would refuse to sleep and still want to hang out with us. And everynight, you 'd take your favourite books and climbed and sit on your daddy's laps. It's storytime. This has become a routine. Certain days you 'd fall asleep while sitting on Daddy's laps. But we have had our share of enduring nights when you refused to go to bed and stayed up till late.

So that's it. Our life before work. It's a simple life, Marsh. But rather charmed. Magically real with simple happiness and bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment