A Day at Philips Island

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Reading together

Last month I got upset with myself for missing the Borders Fair at Singapore Expo. For as long as I can remember, I seldom missed Book Fairs. Because I love to read. And I love how reading makes my mind work. I love how it transports me right smack into someone's life and thoughts. It made me feel alive. An escapade from my own life.

Despite how much I love reading, I hadnt been making it my priority. Life had swung out of control and I was barely keeping my head above the waters. Therefore, I have not been setting a good example for you. Again, I stew in my guilt.

Then I decided enough is enough. I whisked you up and brought you to the library despite feeling exhausted from work. Well, anyway the fatigue that has been constantly absorbing me cannot be any worse. So we arrived at the library and I spent the next few hours picking up behind you while you amused yourself non stop with all your finds.








I am so glad we made this trip to the library. I felt rejuvenated even after all the running after you. The rest of the things in my life didnt just go away, they still swirled on but I feel more balanced now. Ready to embrace life again. A date with you is definately a perfect remedy for a work-battled soul and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment