A Day at Philips Island

Sunday, November 29, 2009

1 Year Older,1 Year Wiser

28th November 2009
Another outstanding post sitting in the Draft coluum since last month.............

Today is my birthday, Marsh. This is the second time I am celebrating my birthday as a mother and each time it feels really surreal because you are celebrating my birthday with me. I do not know how many more times are there in store for us but I am counting my blessings and I am grateful for all of them.

This year I decided to give myself a new haircut for my birthday. I had been procrastinating for too long to do that. I wanted to go even shorter but my stylist insisted no. After the haircut, i felt I was born again- Rebirth.

Rebirth can takes many forms. It is a sort of rekindling of relationships, a type of faith renaissance, a kind of renewed existence, or simply just a change of attitude. This was how I felt when I had you. A new me.

And now on my birthday, I am still praying silently for a miracle rebirth.

Sorry Marsh, if I sound too cynical on my day.

Anyway, I had given some thoughts about how to enjoy my day. Though it is my birthday but I am only happy if you are. So I decided to bring you for your make up class at Kindermusik (you are always having so much fun in class) and then head down to the Airport where you can have guaranteed space for you to run off your energy! You are always happy running around at our favourite hangout place.

Since you came along, life isn't just me or my birthday anymore. Priorities have changed. It's you. That matters now. Maybe finally I have grown up.

Oh yes! Thank you Daddy for the ice cream cake!

Before my haircut.


A new hairdo, a new me?


My best birthday gift- My baby!

Mum, I can feed myself....

See? Not too bad, huh?

Let me try again, mum!

Yummy!



Marsh and me celebrated with a Zucchini and chicken baked rice for dinner. I have never really started training you on self feeding. I know books encourage this skill but I just never get around doing that. But you have been wanting to self feed and you can do it very well on your own. You are not very messy and you do get food into your mouth. Good job, Marsh!

No comments:

Post a Comment