A Day at Philips Island

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Twenty Two months this Month

I am hating myself today. And I feel like the lousiest mummy ever exist, Marshy is turning 22 months old today yet this mummy is at work. And is missing her like crazy. The hours felt like eternal. And I am hating it.

I am sitting through a management meeting but thinging oif your cheekiest smile when you are doing your barney dance. You should be having your bath now while this tall Dutch man claded in a grey business suit was doing his presentation. I think about your soap slicked body and wet hair framing your face sitting in the baby tub, contented to soak in with your bath toys. Then every minute or so you would look up at me and say: mama! with a smile.

I raced home with a longing heart and felt like I missed so much of you. But I know you save the sweetest smile and loudest chuckles for me. But I miss you so much I want to cry. I know, this mama, so needy.


Marshy is always a girlie girl. Look at how you feed your bear of the day.

I love you, Marshy. The way you love your bear bear.



Babies really do grow up! I need to capture everything in pictures and writing and most importantly capture these moments in my heart so that the beauty of being your mommy at every stage of your development can stay with me forever.
Today, twenty two months old.
To many many more happy days, my sweetie pie!
Mama loves you to the moon and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment